- This event has passed.
Fishpond Workday at Waikalua Loko (Oahu)
June 24, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
Saturday La Hana (Community Work Day)
Location: Waikalua Loko Iʻa
Just makai of Pūʻōhala Elementary School in Kāneʻohe
Interested in restoring an ancient Hawaiian fishpond?
We are seeking kōkua on major projects including limu and mangrove removal and other restorative work. Ice water will be provided but please bring the following:
• ‘Ohana, friends, school and community groups
• Wear clothing you don’t mind getting dirty/wet
• Old athletic shoes or tabis
• Reusable water bottle (please no plastic bottles
• Gloves and hat
• Signature Form and Driving Directions (PRINT HERE)
Schedule as follows:
7:00 Set-Up and Parking: Volunteers Needed!
7:30 Registration Opens: Morning Snack Available on Picnic Table
8:15 Morning Circle: Introductions and Oli
11:30 Return from work sites and clean up
11:45 Pizza lunch! If you need a work certificate, they’ll be at the registration table at noon!
12:15 Assist with clean-up: Storing equipment and leaving everything tidy. Mahalo!